Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Halbzeitscamp

I spent last week in Bad Honnef for my midstay camp for my scholarship. I have to say, I was completely dreading it, but it turned out to be a pile of fun. We got there Tuesday evening. We spent Wednesday in Bonn. Thursday we had workshops, and Wednesday we went to Köln. In the morning we went to a Mosque. It was incredible. I had never been insideone before, and it was beautiful. The man who talked to us was very nice, and very open. I was surprised and honored about how openly we were recieved and how much we were shown. Then we saw the Dom, many of us went to the Art Museum (I and a couple other friends stayed the longest, who's surprised), had some shopping time, and went to an awful restaurant for dinner. But AFS gave us all 7€, and since all the dishes were with meat, I bought Pommes (fries) and kept the 5€ remaining. Saturday we had a couple more workshops, and then had a lot of free time to prepare for the talent show. Whichhhh was amazing. There was some really surprising singing, some poetry, some dancing, some impressive stringed instrument playing, and the group that I was in (which was pretty much the I-Don't-Know-What-To-Do Group) learned this crazy mormon dance and had a great time. All in all it was great to get reconnected with everyone, and I was a bit sad to leave. But leave I did, and just in time, because on Sunday night I fell gravely ill. Not really, but the combination of waterbottle sharing and little sleep took its toll, and so I slept. Sunday night, all through Monday, and Monday night. Today I am up and about a bit, but still have the snuffles and the coughs etc. So that's the update! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment