Monday, January 31, 2011

Praktikum week two

The second week of my praktikum was really good, and really tiring. I ended up doing a lot lot lot of drawing. That was fun, but also tiring trying to think of ways to draw things like 'culture shock'. When I get my originals back (they are still at the school to be scanned) then I will try and post of a couple of my favorites up here. I also helped a woman from Korea with German accent and grammar, after her class. I really enjoyed it, because it allowed me to analyze a bit more closely what I have already learned, and I love finding just the right way to explain something so that that particular person gets it. We chatted a bunch too, and I learned a lot from her. I asked if she would be willing to teach me Korean, since I was fascinated by all the little Korean notes she made to herself as I told her stuff. She said she would teach me Korean (!!) and I gave her my number and she said she would send me an text. I hope it works out, it seems super super cool.

Over the weekend I went ice skating with AFS, and realized how much more I like cross country skiing. It was really nice to see people I hadn't seen for a long time, though. I also had a lovely evening with my guest sister. We watched a movie (Easy Virtue) and then just stayed in her room and chatted for probably an hour, and then ate cake and went to bed. And now I'm back in school. Woohoo! So I guess I'll go now, and read more for my French LK.

Au revoir, mes amis, à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment