Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home again...

The last weeks in Germany were packed and busy and the best weeks of all. I had a going away party in the park in June with the other two exchange students, I went on vacation with my family on the Staffelsee in Bavaria (and got a sunburn which is now a tan) visited my friends in Hamburg and had a wonderful time, scrambled to see everyone one last time, put together presents, and pack. Saying goodbye to my family and friends at the airport was really hard, and I cried and cried and cried. Our time in Washington before we were allowed to see our families was annoying because of the workshops. Saying goodbye to my AFS family was hard as well but I know that we will keep in touch.

Arriving home and seeing my parents was so strange... they looked the same yet different. Seeing my house was so strange, everything was the same but different. All the smells are so familiar, yet so strange. I could go on and on. But I have to call my guest family. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment